Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm Buying: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd

Well, as I said back in June 2011 I was being as patient as a wee church mouse and I would let you know after the fact if I was going to buy some additional Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd [FPH.NZX] shares.

Well blow me down if I didn't do that just this morning when I purchased 15,000 more at $2.15 per share to add to the current 5000 holding in the Share Investor Portfolio.

As I pointed out this morning in the latest Share Price Alert the share price represented good value and is returning over 8% net on dividends alone.

The purchase was funded from dividends from the portfolio built up over 4 profit reporting periods and was earning 3.5% in a cash deposit.

I have not bought anything since buying Contact Energy Ltd [CEN.NZX] shares in July 2011 for a second shorter term portfolio Share Investor Portfolio 2.

Since the Global Financial crises hit in late 2008 there have been a number of bargains I have laid my hands on during the low period in 2009 - AIA (1,2) MFT, WHS and MHI, the aforementioned CEN and today's buy.

This has been a spend over that period of around $150,000.00 about half of it funded through dividends earned and the rest new money.

I am still waiting patiently for other good stocks to come under fire in 2012 and will let you know as and when they come on my radar.

Heres one.

For similar reasons for today's buy -  the weak US currency having an impact on repatriated profits back to NZ - the buying power for Sky Network Television Ltd [SKT.NZX] has increased putting the pay TV broadcaster at an advantage as it buys programming and hardware in US currency. It also has a weak share price for some reason and is looking like an attractive monopoly to me.

I am very pleased about my new addition today.


Related Share Investor Reading

I'm Buying: Contact Energy Ltd
I'm Buying: Mainfreight Management delivers the goods
I'm buying: Time to re-visit an old Red Friend
I'm Buying: 2009
I'm Buying:Redux
I'm Buying
Drinking and Trading


Fisher & Paykel Healthcare @ Share Investor

Share Price Alert: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd 2
Global Market Sell-Off Stocks: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
Resmed takes market share from Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
Resmed kicking Fisher & Paykel Heathcares butt?
Share Price Alert: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd
I'm Buying: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd
Share Investor's Total Returns: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd
Share Investor's 2011 Stock Picks
Stock of the Week: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare & the US Dollar
Mondrian Investment Partners take stake in Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare: 2010 Full Year Profit rests on Foreign exchange movement
Long Term View: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
Stock of the Week: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
Analysis - Fisher & Paykel Healthcare: FY Profit to 31/03/09
Schroder Investment Management takes big Fisher & Paykel Healthcare stake
Long VS Short: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
Big Fisher & Paykel Healthcare trades a curious tale
Why did you buy that stock? [Fisher & Paykel Healthcare]
Drinking and Trading
Share Investor's 2008 stock picks
Fisher & Paykel: A tale of two companies
FPH downgrade masks good performance

Discuss FPH @ Share Investor Forum
Download FPH Company Reports




Security Analysis: Sixth Edition, Foreword by Warren Buffett (Security Analysis Prior Editions)Security Analysis: Sixth Edition, Foreword by Warren Buffett (Security Analysis Prior Editions) by Benjamin Graham
Buy new: $41.77 / Used from: $32.40
Usually ships in 24 hours






c Share Investor 2012

1 comment:

  1. Just re read this and feel hopelessly blessed by my patience. Stick wit it, it will return thousands...

    ReplyDelete

Comment on Share Investor Stuff