Friday, April 1, 2011

Share Investor Buying One Million Postie Plus Shares

I have stoically held Postie Plus Ltd [PPG.NZX] shares now for 3-4 years.

I own 2540 shares.

PPG shares have paid me a dividend of about 20 bucks over those years and are now worth a total of $709.80c, a drop of around 50% from the total purchase price of $1463.20.

To say then that it is a bad investment is a major understatement. It is the investment equivalent of backing Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen in a movie and expecting them to show up at work every day, and sober no less.

So it is a loser plain and simple and should really have no place in my portfolio one would think?

Well, initially I thought it was such a small part of the overall portfolio I would sell and put it behind me but I hate to lose money but I know that some time in the future when management get their proverbial together and actually make some money somebody is actually going to make me a much better offer than 26c per share.

Well, I am thinking if Jan Cameron can take a big stake in the company then this boy can flash a few shekels around and get a bigger stake in the expectation that the share price will at least double.

With this in mind I am going to splash out $259339.60 to buy 997460 PPG shares to take my stake to 1 million shares. I am going to sell the whole Share Investor Portfolio to make this transaction happen.

The remaining unspent funds I am going to buy Allied Farmers Ltd [ALF.NZX] shares with and maybe a little gold.

I would appreciate any feedback on this.


Postie Plus Group @ Share Investor

Long Term View: Postie Plus Group Ltd
I'm Buying: Redux
What is Jan Cameron up to?
Whats on Rod Duke's shopping list?

Discuss PPG @ Share Investor Forum





c Share Investor 2011





9 comments:

  1. I am thinking Darren that it is April 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No don't do ALF. If you're after pennies, I think WDT would be a better punt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. think your mad buying retail at the moment, you would be better buying silver and commodity based shares. allied farms is a waste of money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes do it !!!!

    Following others into trades is the number one rule of Buffet and how he got rich :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. go for it mate "hesitation is a sign of weakness"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kev, you are the only one that got it and I suspect you did too SB. Gotcha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of you guys may have been taken in but the joke is that I own this rotten company. Anyone want to buy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this on the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, perhaps I should remove it anon?

    ReplyDelete

Comment on Share Investor Stuff